Tuesday, April 18, 2006

High School Blues

The wheels keep moving round and round
Which makes the car move, I have found;
But the motion of the car, it's clear
Ain't round, confound it, but linear!
Which means my knowledge of Motion
Is a bundle of confusion.

In Geography once I was told
How rivers and mountains unfold;
It's force of gravity, my chum,
That adheres us to earth, not gum.
Otherwise all I ever found
Is that the world ain't flat, it's round.

And then we have blooming History,
A peek in darkness, a mystery!
You look back and see what had been
When you weren't e'en on the scene!
This flirting with dates that have passed
Leaves me most completely aghast.

Then Maths is one more puzzling chore;
Why, two plus two is always four!
All that Lambda, Mu, Pi, Delta
Makes me scamper helta skelta.
And then the square of x and y
Really makes me wonder, why?

And then comes dear old Chemistry;
Where atoms form the swirling tree
And water becomes H 2 O
And behaves odd at minus four;
The atomic table lays the rule.
You know now why I gave up school.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home